The wonderful Courtney from Wrestling With Makeup sent in a submission, check out her fierce fashions.
Name: Courtney Rose @ChicagoCRose
Describe your ringside style:
Hard Femme. I am nothing without baby doll dresses, leggings, docs and red lipstick. I started Wrestling With Makeup simply because I needed more ways to involve wrestling into my wardrobe aside from shirts. Even if no one else knows what I’m doing, I feel a little more badass inside.
How did you become a wrestling fan?
I was about 7 or 8 years old when I first remember watching WCW. My sister and I would stay with our uncle & grandmother after school until my parents could get off work, and my uncle loved wrestling. We would stay there Monday nights to watch Nitro, then he’d tape Raw for us to watch the next day or vice versa. We still have our first pieces of Wrestling memorabilia: mine was a DDP brawling buddy and my sister had a NWO Macho Man.
It’s nice that wrestling is a family thing in our house. Our uncle got us into it and remains a huge fan, my mom watches it semi-regularly and has hilarious opinions as a casual viewer and my dad used to dress up as wrestlers for Halloween to amuse us. My sister and I have a really great bond, we’re best friends, and a lot of that connection was built on our mutual love of performance, traveling, and watching men beat each other up at our feet.
Kenny Omega & Chris Hero
It changes often, but right now I’m hugely into PWG and New Japan on repeat.
Omega Driver, Cattle Mutilation, & One Winged Angel.
Impossible question. I have a YouTube playlist of matches I watch because they’re amazing, and one of guilty pleasure matches that make my insides fill with glee. Here are some:
- Chris Hero vs. Bryan Danielson from PWG Guerre Sans Frontieres
- Zayn vs Neville at R-Evolution
- Nakamura/Ibushi from NJPW WK9
- Kenny Omega vs Yoshihiko
- Kenny Omega, Zack Sabre Jr & Chuck Taylor vs Adam Cole & Young
- Bucks from PWG BOLA 2014 Night 1
- Ricochet & Rich Swann vs AR Fox & ACH at PWG DDT4 2014
- Punk/Cena MITB 2011
I have a lot of issues with committing to one choice.
Dream Tag Team:
- Height of career Goldust and Kenny Omega
- Chris Jericho & Chuck Taylor
- William Regal & Chris Hero
- Nakamura & Daniel Bryan (I know everyone wants to see this match, but I can dream of a tag team first right?)
- Lita & Candice Le Rae
- Luna Vachon & Jessicka Havok
- Sensational Sherri & Sasha Banks
- Heidi Lovelace & Paige
Like I said, trouble making decisions.
If you had to choose your entrance theme, what would it be?
If I had my way, Pony by Ginuwine would play every time I enter a room.
Also I have a life goal of creating a stable that enters the ring to “Ruff Ryders Anthem” by DMX, entirely dressed as Teddy Roosevelt.
But if we’re serious: